Corporate Governance Advisory
The 2engage corporate governance advisory team is equipped to help clients navigate complex governance challenges and support the development of corporate governance structures and shareholder engagement strategies.
Our services are suitable for publicly-held, private, non-profit corporations and associations. Good governance benefits all stakeholders.
We recognize that each client is different and we bring a customized approach in crafting the appropriate governance structure that is aligned with the values and strategy of our clients.
We use our understanding of what investors are looking for and where emerging trends are leading to help clients build a unique governance roadmap and effective shareholder engagement and communication program.
We strategize with clients on how to send the right message clearly and effectively through disclosure that builds trust, meaningful relationships and shareholder confidence.
We also provide an array of corporate governance services to help clients incorporate governance best practices. For example, we can provide up to date benchmarking, templates, charter and by-law reviews and comprehensive governance audits.
For publicly-held companies, we can help to:
- Develop engagement strategies to proactively address potential investor concerns and/or challenges.
- Understand and build strong relationships with the institutional investor governance community.
- Proactively assess your governance framework and disclosure in order to improve support in shareholder base.
- Develop comprehensive investor-focused messaging that resonate with investors.
- Assist clients in drafting shareholder communications, proxy statements and other SEC filings.
- Negotiate responses to, and resolution of, shareholder proposals to avoid inclusion in proxy materials.
For all companies (public, private and non-profits), we can help to:
- Research governance trends and stay abreast of corporate governance evolving best practices.
- Assess vulnerabilities and identify key issues relating to various governance matters.
- Examine governance policies in contrast to peers and largest stakeholders or investors.
- Prepare memos on evolving trends and best practices in governance.
- Organize a year-round internal process to ensure that appropriate policies are reviewed and adequately updated and renewed at the board and senior management level.
2engage’s Value-Add and Difference:
- Straight-forward, flat fee billing – knowing up front how much projects will cost adds certainty to the budgeting process.
- Our team applies practical solutions that make business sense based on several years of in-house governance professional experience at Fortune 500 and Russell 3000 companies.
- Our team members have engaged with ISS and Glass Lewis in connection with several shareholder proposals and governance issues and understand how the vote decision makers at institutional stockholders make decisions.
- We offer services distinct from and highly additive to those provided by law firms and proxy solicitors